Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A mellow rainy day of reflection . . .

I am in a rare "mellow" state of mind and heart today . . .

Usually this only happens to me when I am singing or playing guitar . . .

Or while fishing or hiking . . .

Just sort of mellow . . . thinking of some stuff . . .

-My eldest daughter is getting married in a few days. I am proud of both my girls, and in a week or so, both will be "married" to good men. My present and future son-in-laws are more different than night and day. But both have their own unique skills and strengths, and whether I like them or not (and I do!) . . . they were the one's my two babies chose to live life with.

Both my daughters have a track record of making good decisions . . . like their mother!!!

-Serving on the pastoral staff of this church . . . what a blessing! Missions, both locally and oversees, has become such a part of our church DNA. It is amazing all the things I see people doing in answer to the call they feel God has given them.

A lot of people here, serving in such humble manner, with such servant spirits . . . acting out their faith every day.

-Relationships . . . they truly are what make my life rich. My wife, daughters, mom, neighbors and friends . . . I am glad I finally "got it" a year before turning 50 that relationships are what bring true joy and happiness to life. My life has been so much more enjoyable since that time.

-I am grateful for the ever growing relationship I have with God. God's grace . . . such a wonderful and free gift to all . . . who would just close their hands and hearts around it.

A mellow rainy day . . . feet up on my desk . . . Bible open in my lap . . . my mind is pondering deep reflective thoughts . . . and my heart is glad.

Ever forward . . . ><>

-

1 comment:

doodlebugmom said...

congratulations to the father of the bride :)

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...