Wednesday, February 27, 2008

First Church Guitars is playing this Sunday . . .

We are playing and singing at the BSA Crew 700 fundraiser lunch following worship this Sunday. It all takes place in the Family Life Center here at First United Methodist Church in Grapevine.

Real "Buffalo Burgers" are the main menu item. Donations at the door will be excepted. The money raised will help the Venture Crew members plan for some great summer outings.

Most of the guys are playing . . . and we will be doing a bunch of new numbers. We have so far played and sung bluegrass and gospel songs. We are adding some old-time acoustic rock-n-roll to this gig . . . and the great thing is, most of the songs we will do are in the BSA Philmont Scout song book.

See you there!

I'm better than I deserve! ><>

3 comments:

doodlebugmom said...

Sorry, I can't make it.

But I am on the waiting list for cd, right?? lol

Rick said...

Hey Linda,

There is no snow or ice here . . . a sunshining day in the low 60's.

Sure you don't want to come down?

doodlebugmom said...

Let's see...right now it is snowing, freezing rain for the weekend...don't tempt me!

:o)

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...