Saturday, November 16, 2019

100,000 views and counting . . . .

Well I'm be . . .

I just now noticed that this little blog thing of mine, which I started in 2005 (I accidentally deleted it in 2007 and had to start all over), finally made it to over 100,000 views!

Wow!  I am so surprised, and at a loss for words 

For the few of you who read this blog . . . thank you so much.  It means a lot.

I took up writing this blog at the suggestion and encouragement of Melissia Mason, a communications and social media expert and a very good writer in her own right.  We were on staff together at First United Methodist Church in Grapevine.  She got there a few months before I did.  When she asked me to write a blog, I had to ask her what a blog was!  I have to give credit where credit is due.  Melissia took the time to explain it and gave me the info I needed to start.  I think she knew I would enjoy it when I took the time to focus on it.

I don't really have an agenda for writing this blog other than it is very therapeutic to do so.  The more I write, the more I'm dealing with . . . or conversely, the more time I have to write.  The less I write means I am very busy with church, singing, and family stuff.  I'm churches I'm serving now have very strong lay leadership.  I actually have a little more spare time than I've had in the past. 

I recently decided that I would make some of my spare time available for writing.  I always enjoy writing about music.  I enjoy writing about new ministry ideas, and I enjoy writing about our occasional travels in our camper.  I will begin posting some pictures as well.  I've actually started carrying a camera in my day bag again.

I think I can easily generate at least 2-3 blogs entries a month.   

Let me know what you think. 

At my current pace, I should reach 200,000 views at age 75!

Hey . . . keep making music where ever you are!

Rick ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...