Friday, February 13, 2015

I just ordered a couple of sets . . .




I've heard about these new Martin Retro series guitar strings, after reading an article about Tony Rice and his preference for Monel (nickel) wrapped guitar strings.  I was grazing around on the Martin site trying to get more info and came across this video. 

I ordered several sets of the Tony Rice Signature version of these strings, since they are medium's and that's the gauge I play on my Martin D-18, J-40, and my Taylor GS Custom built.   I will let you know what I experience in the next couple of weeks.  I'll be recording a music video with some friends in the next few months as part of a volunteer project for the folks at the Hugworks Children's Network.  I will need some time to figure out if these strings sound OK acoustically, and when plugged in to an amp or PA.

God's grace still amazes me . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...