Sunday, October 12, 2014

17 years ago today . . .

Seventeen years ago today, John Denver died in a plane crash in Monterrey Bay in California.  I was in my home in Waco, Texas when I heard the news.  A sad day for me and for many who grew up in the 1970's singing Country Roads, Sunshine, and Rocky Mountain High.

I am old enough to believe that there very few guarantees in life.  In the grand scheme of things, despite the advice of others, we aren't really in control of much in life.

I believe that everyday is to be appropriately received and celebrated as a gift from God. What we can control in lives are our reactions and our responses to what we experience and all that happens to us.  Come to think of it . . . a lot of great songs were written with this in mind.

Pslam 100 asks us to make a joyful noise wherever we are, and especially when we come before the Lord in worship.  Our lives should be a song.  Why?  Well, I believe that there is music in all of us. 

Sing the music inside of you now!  Sing the music inside of you today! 

The Music is You by John Denver

Music makes pictures and often tells stories
All of it magic and all of it true
And all of the pictures and all of the stories
All of the magic, the music is you


God's grace and music still amazes me . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...