Tuesday, September 23, 2014

As guitars will travel . . .

Several months ago, I made the decision to part with my Taylor GS Mini guitar.  I hadn't used it in well over a year, and had not been drawn in any way to play it.  I'd about forgotten that I had it.  

I initially had obtained it to use when singing for children.  However, the children seemed to be drawn more to my 12-string.   As a result, the Mini had been in the back of the closet in my music room at home. 

I was digging through that same closet several months ago, and came across the Mini and another guitar that I had not played in an even longer amount of time. I made a few phone calls, and ended up trading both of them in for a Martin D-18 Retro model guitar.  A very good decision on my part, and I believe I got the better deal at the end-of-the-day according to my math and research.  Now I have one less guitar, and I have a good backup for my Martin J-40.  These are the only two guitars I have in my church office. 

So, it's safe to say that the GS Mini has been pretty much out of my mind for quite a while. 

"Out of sight and out of mind!"  That's how it usually is with me.  Probably for most other people who have too many "things."

Then "lo and behold," I get an email from James Tang, a new pastor in Birmingham, England.  He and his wife have recently entered into full-time ministry there.  He emailed me to let me know that he had purchased a GS Mini on eBay.  Apparently, my business card was in the guitar case.  James was kind enough to let me know that he now owned the GS Mini that I had traded in, and that it would be used in his ministry.

Wow!  What a way to start the day!  

And, yes Walt Disney, it is a small world after all!

Imagine a guitar used by one pastor for a certain season of his life is now being used by another pastor who pretty much lives on the other side of the world! 

Pastor James and I have pledged to keep in touch, and we are praying for each others families and ministries.  I hope he will send me a picture or two to post.  I have shared this story today with his permission.

God is good!

And, God's grace still amazes me . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...