Thursday, September 4, 2014

Prayers for my friend and brother ... Joe.

I've heard that phrase a lot in my life, and in my years of ministry . . . "a dear friend is gravely ill."

Then I get the call early this morning that my dear friend/adopted older brother was taken to the ER at an area Houston hospital where he had a heart attack.  It was discovered his blood sugar was dangerously low, and if he should survive, the doctors fear that he could be mentally impaired.

"A dear friend is gravely ill."

I've been using the "Jesus Calling" daily devotionals again.   One of the scriptures listed for today is Psalm 32:7 - "You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance."

I will be soon heading down to Houston to be with my friend and his family.  I may be going down their soon to officiate or attend his funeral.  The situation is serious . . . and in the end, who knows?

In the going and in the coming, in the ups and downs of dealing with personal emotions while caring for others . . . my prayer is that God will be my hiding place.  I pray that God will protect me from all the distractions that can, and will try to get in the way of my being there for a friend.  I pray that God will indeed surround me with songs of deliverance. For you see . . . this special friend taught me how to play the guitar.   Playing the guitar is one of the most important things in my life.   Making music is always a God-thing with me.  My dear friend helped teach me that.  For those of you who know me more personally . . . yes, I am talking about Joe.

And now . . . I go to thank him with the gift of my presence.   May God be our hiding place one and all, through it all.

Through it all.  Through it all, I've learned to trust in Jesus. I've learned to trust in God.

God's graces still amazes me . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...