Friday, November 15, 2013

Starting to get "Holiday" busy . . .

I am sure glad that Liz and I were able to take some time off in October.  It's "Holiday Time" hear at the church . . . meaning I will start having a lot of extra events on my calendar through the rest of November and all of December.

Advent/Christmas and Lent/Easter are truly the two busiest times of our church year.

Along with extra meetings, worship services, and various Christmas parties, it's also the time I take a look at my winter 2014 calendar.

Why?

Well, it's time to work some singing back into my schedule with the Hugwork's guys at various children's hospitals in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

I would have figured, years ago, that the older I got, the less busy I would be.

Not the case.  Not the case at all.   I'm busy . . . and to be honest . . . I like it.

Since my return home from Philmont/New Mexico this summer, I believe I've been doing some of my best work in several years.  I believe my focus on important things has been much more clear than in the past.

My devotional life is ok.

The 1st Church String Band is performing again.

The worship service at the Heritage Campus is slowly growing (slow as in "crawling").   I have been enjoying preaching again . . . something that I did a lot of at Philmont at the various outdoor chapel services.  I came back from New Mexico knowing I wanted and needed a change.  Preaching more was that change.

I am grateful that I will be preaching more this next year.

I am grateful that I will be singing more as well.

Now, to work in an hour or so of fishing each week!!!!

God's grace still amazes me . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...