Saturday, March 3, 2012

Cranking up the Strat . . .

During this season of Lent, my responsibilities here at the church require that I spend a lot of my time on people and programs as we prepare for our annual Easter Sunday services.

Which means . . . I'm not singing much in hospitals or nursing homes until the middle of April. Still singing during the Children's Time, and getting to spend quiet time playing and rehearsing some songs I need to get memorized.

However, I have been playing my Strat more. I think I have a version of Joe Walsh's "Walk Away" about done . . . except the solo . . . I need someone else to play that. I get chords . . . and bass line walk-ups and walk-downs . . . but scales have been a challenge for me for years.

I am using a set of jazz strings on my Strat, meaning I'm using a wound G string. For a strummer like me, it makes a lot of difference.

Other than that, nothing much to report music wise . . . I miss sining to the kids in the hospitals . . . but this time of spiritual focus for me is going to bring about something good.

God's graces till amazes me . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...