Thursday, July 29, 2010

Yo ho . . . blow the man down . . .

Everybody sing . . . .

"Come sit right down and I'll tell a tale, and tale of a fatefull trip, that started from this tropic port aboard this tiny ship. The mate was a mighty sailing man, the skipper brave and sure. Five passengers set sail that day on a 3 hour cruise . . . a 3 hour cruise."

I was invited to play guitar and sing for a group of retired Boy Scouts of America employees and their spouses on a lunch cruise yesterday on Lake Grapevine. This group regularly meets for lunch or a social activity, and this is my second time to have had the pleasure of being the "entertainment" for them.

Especially since they like singing "O Suzanna," "Row Row Row Your Boat," "She'll Be Coming Round the Mountain," the theme song to "Gilligan's Island," and other great campfire songs that I learned way back in my scouting days.

Oh rats, we forgot to sing the theme song to "The Beverly Hillbillies!"

Of all the days in a Texas summer to plan this trip . . . this was the one . . . slight breeze, overcast, and about 86 F. Not a bad two hour boat ride!

God's grace still amazes me . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...