Thursday, May 11, 2023

My Retirement from full-time ministry is Official!

Earlier this morning at Glen Lake Camp in Glen Rose, TX, I was granted official retirement from full-time appointive ministry during the AC23 Clergy Executive Session of the Central Texas Conference of the United Methodist Church. It was an emotional moment, but it was also a moment of great personal satisfaction! I am so appreciative of all my clergy colleagues who honored those of us in this year's retiree class. 30 & 1/2 years of full-time service at churches in Palo Pinto/Graford, Waco, Godley, Hewitt, Grapevine, Crowley and Comanche/Gustine. Years ago, I wanted to wear a Hawaiian shirt at my elders ordination. That didn't happen. But I did get to officially retire in one. It was a good day. My heart is in a good place. Now it's time to focus my efforts even more on my grandchildren, and on RM2 (Rick Mang Music) and "My 5-Gallon Bucket Adventures" Facebook page.

A special thanks to my wife, Liz, and my family, for sticking up with me and all the ups and downs of being a pastor's family. I love you all!




No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...