Thursday, October 7, 2021

Clip & Carry Kydex Multitool Sheath

 


A few weeks ago, I had the opportunity to shop at the Bass Pro Shops in Grapevine, TX.  While there, I purchased a new Gerber Center-Drive multitool.  I already own a Leatherman Surge; however, it weighs in at over 13 ounces.  Now it is regulated to the center console of my pickup.  I was hoping the Center-Drive, which is about 4 ounces lighter, would be something I could add to my EDC.  There are so many times, especially when camping or working in the yard, when I found that I had need for a pair of pliers or a screwdriver of some kind.  

Upon arriving back home, I unpacked the Center-Drive, only to discover that I loathe the sheath it comes with.  Ballistic nylon, in and of itself, is a great material for sheaths.  This sheath, which included an extra strip of 1/4" bits, was very uncomfortable to wear, and hard to get the tool in and out of.  

Earlier this week I was perusing Amazon and came across the Clip & Carry Kydex multitool sheath.  It was very reasonably priced at $30, so I made the purchase an it arrived today.  The Center-Drive snugly fits in the sheath and the Kydex is going to stand up to whatever I throw at it.  I shook it upside down for several minutes and the Center-Drive never popped out, or slipped, or otherwise made a noise!  

I will give it a try once our Covid quarantine is over.  I need to figure out whether to carry it on the right or left side.  Some trial-and-error will help determine that answer.   Probably on the right side since I'm used to carrying weight on that side from my police officer days.

More to come.

Rick ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...