Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Galls Lawpro Black Leather Notebook in Basketweave

Call me crazy, but I have always had a fondness for pocket notebooks, especially the top bound ones.  I used top bound spiral memo books during my law enforcement days.  I put all my accident and criminal investigation notes and to-do's in those little 3"x5" memo books.  They were indispensable especially when testifying in court, which I had to do a few times in the course of my career.  A fellow officer made my first leather memo book cover.  I've had it since the 1980's and it didn't quite fit the good quality memo books, like Cambridge brand, because the wire spiral is a little wider diameter.  


I had some time on my hands the other day and started looking on the internet.  In past searches I had come across the Galls website. They are a law enforcement / 1st Responder supply company.  They had the Lawpro Black Leather Notebook in basketweave on sale for $18.00, so I placed an order.  I would have gladly carried this notebook cover when I was a police officer.  It's a classic. 

It holds the better quality memo books with the larger wire spiral.  It is sturdy enough for back pocket work, and easily fits in a front shirt pocket or inner sport coat pocket. 


Total cost was $31 and some pennies with shipping and tax.   That may be high for some, but it arrived in about 3 days from the time I placed my order.  That was certainly sooner than I expected. 

Anyone looking for an old fashioned, well-made top bound memo book holder can't go wrong with the Law Pro black leather in basketweave. 

Rick ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...