Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Rick Mang: Minister of Encouragement

Earlier today, I posted a blog that was a copy of the devotional I wrote this morning on Facebook for the two churches I pastor.

I used the term "Ministry of Encouragement."   For the past several years, I have sensed that my entering into a focused ministry of encouragement was my next call in life.  I've spent a lot of time thinking about it and wondering what it could, and would, look like.

Now, as we find ourselves immersed in the early stages of the Covid-19 pandemic/crisis, it has become more clear, especially as our best course of action to defeat the virus seems to be radical social distancing, that my intentional and purposeful focus on encouraging others is what I am supposed to do.

So, as I have time, I hope to post articles about encouragement on the several Facebook platforms that I manage, as well as this humble blog.

If you have any suggestions for topics or approached, or if you have a story of encouragement to share, please let me know.

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...