Monday, October 4, 2010

Philmont Scout Ranch . . . here I come . . .

I am overwhelmed and humbled by my recent invitation to be the chaplain/campfire song leader at the Philmont Scout Ranch Training Center in Cimmaron, New Mexico for a week in September of 2011.

Today, I officially accepted the invitation. Now, I have a year to get in shape physically, emotionally and spiritually.

A new journey . . . in hopes of crossing off something on my "Life To-Do List" . . . something I had already decided I would probably never get to do.

But . . . if all works out, I am going to Philmont to do what I do best, be a chaplain, sing and play guitar. It is humbling to understand that there are others who believe I do these tasks well enough to be recognized on this level.

To quote Gomer Pyle . . . Shazam!

God's grace still amazes me . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...