Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Just heard that Dan Peek is no longer with us . . .y

Heard yesterday on our local 70's station that Dan Peek had died this past weekend at 60.

He was a founding member of the group, America, with Dewey Bunnell and Gerry Beckley.

60 years old is too young. No news on a cause of death, and I am at the age where that doesn't interest me anymore. My former morbid curiosity is one of the things I have let go of in favor of spending what time I have left in more noble efforts.

Dan often had some of the lead intro's on guitar for America, and had the high vocal parts as well. He perhaps is best known for writing Lonely People. He left the group, tired of the drug scene and touring, and went solo for a while, recording Christian music later in his career, and performing with the Peek Family Band.

A sad day.


No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...