Thursday, July 7, 2011

1st time to sing at a Ronald McDonald House . . .

My wife's company has a corporate sponsorship arrangement with Ronald McDonald Houses all over the country. This evening, my wife and fellow co-workers cooked and served dinner at the RMD House in Ft. Worth, TX.

I got to tag along, as I was invited to come provide music during the meal. I am very, very glad I went.

I mostly sang songs from the Hugworks TME (Theraputic Music Entertainment) catalog because they are the songs I am needing to memorize. These are the songs I sing for children with Jim Newton and Paul G. Hill (the Hugworks guys) at DFW area hospitals. They were a good choice for this evenings get together, as all the parents and children in attendance were there because of a child / sibling being at Cook's Children's Hospital just a block away.

I really enjoyed the evening, as my wife and her co-workers unselfishly gave of their time to cook, serve, wait on tables and clean up afterwards. I sang for about 90 minutes, and even I for once thought I did pretty good. The acoustics in the room were awesome!

One little girl ran up next to me and did all the actions for "The Wheels on the Bus Go Round and Round." She was so cute. She ran back later and hugged my leg.

Yeah, I about melted . . .

I hope I get to do this again soon.

God's grace still amazes me . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...