Friday, July 1, 2011

Summer VBS . . . You gotta love it!

10 VBS sessions (AM and PM) in 5 days! Wow!

I am pretty sure we have over 500 total a couple of those days. Awesome.

I have written before, both as a pastor and as a singer/guitarist that I truly have a passion for Vacation Bible School. I have some wonderful memories of grand times, great fun, good food, and singing, singing, singing, singing.

Besides my late maternal grandmother, I cannot remember a place or time where I was encouraged to sing as much, as often, and as loud as those times when I attended VBS as a student, later as a youth helper, and as an adult leader.

Awesome.

The kids are tired. The youth helpers are tired. The adult leaders are tired. But everyone is smiling!

God's grace still amazes me . . . as does Summer VBS!!! ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...