Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Hugworks Intensive Workshop Day 2 and 3

I am a good tired!

Yesterday, we gathered at Cook's Childrens Hosptial in Ft. Worth for the second day of the Hugworks Intensive TME Workshop. We sang for several groups of children in day/game rooms, and did several in room singing sessions. We joined together after lunch for a long jam session in the central lobby area, which was a bunch of fun.

We finished the afternoon with a long singing time in one of the the long-term care rehab rooms, followed by several more room visits. After a meeting to go over stuff for today, we all called it quits.

Today, we met at Children's Hospital in Dallas. I did not realize how big Children's is. We walked and walked and walked. First a meeting, then over to sing in the lobbies of several clinics, which I really enjoyed. After lunch we played for a group of kids in one of the playrooms, followed by our being on the hospital TV station playing backup music for 2 sessions of Musical Bingo. After a closing review, we all headed home.

I am not sure what I expected to get out of this workshop, but I did realize that I know far more songs from memory than I thought I did. That in and of itself made all 3 days very much worth my time. I am glad I took part in this.

I will be singing at Children's again several times in August. After that, I am hopeful that we can arrange for my "solo" (final test) and certification.

For more info about Hugworks, check out www.hugworks.org.

God's grace still amazes me . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...