Friday, February 23, 2018

Gordon Lightfoot - Canadian Railroad Trilogy (Live In Reno)



Here is a video of Gordon Lightfoot singing a slower version of the "Canadian Railroad Trilogy," a song he was commissioned to write for the centenial celebration of the Canadian Pacific Railroad.  I'm lookiing for the black and white video of Gordon doing this song for the first time many years ago.  I've seen it, but haven't found it yet.

This version is a bit more deliberate than some of his earlier recordings of this song.  Maybe that's part of growing older . . . becoming more deliberate about the things than matter to you.  Gordon is a singer, musician, and fantastic songwriter, but he is also a son of Canada, a historian.  He rose to the occassion with this song.

One thing is evident, he has always had a great backing band.  They are pros.

If given the chance, what would you write a song about?

Rick ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...