Friday, February 23, 2018

Dan Fogelberg - Leader of the Band (Live 2003)



Here is the late Dan Fogelberg singing "Leader of the Band."  He says that if he was allowed to write only one song, this is the song he would have written.

I'm 60 years old in case you were wonderng..  At 60, I can give you some wonderful advice about life. This kind of advice is really important.  I hope you are listening.  You will want to write this down in your journal or common place book.  You may want to put this inside the cover of your Bible or favorite spiritual book.

Seriously, go get a paper and pen right now!  I believe in what I am about to write so stongly that I will give it to you for free.

Here it is . . . Life is all about relationships.  In life, the hardest you are supposed to work,  the greatest endeavor you put into anything, ishould be meant for your relationships.  I mean it.  I have no reason to lie about this.

Great songwriters like Harry Chapin, Gordon Lightfoot, Paul Simon, John Denver, Tom T. Hall, Hoyt Paxton, Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard and Dan Foglelberg (just to name a few) all understood that life is all about relationships.  Great singers and musicians understand this as well.  I have at times wondered if the root of all great music comes from relationship experiences both good and bad, sweet and sour. 

Hey, prove me wrong!  I don't think you will be able to.

I'm talking about relationships with lovers, spouses, family, friends, pets and even places where one has lived or visited.  Let's not forget professional an business relationships either. Relationships provide a depth to life that people crave and work so hard to find.  If they would focus instead on relationships, what they want to find would come to them.

May I ask you a question?

Is there a relationship that right now that needs you undivided attention?

Relationships are what matters, not career and possessions.  Trust me . . . been there, done that.  The richest relationships one can have, are the one you work on with all your heart and soul can muster.

Rick ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...