Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Taking a short break from blogging . . .

Things are getting pretty busy around here, and will be getting even busier as our Central Texas Annual Conference prepares to host the 2008 General Conference sessions of the UMC in Fort Worth in a few weeks.

Plus . . . I have an awful lot of reading to catch up on . . .

And . . . I am helping to write a song for a contest our preschool ministry has entered . . .

Plus . . . I have an awful lot of reading to catch up on . . .

And . . . I am going to go fishing . . .

Plus . . . I have an awful lot of reading to catch up on . . .

And . . . I am going to Houston to see my friend Joe and his wife Riva . . .

Plus . . . I have an awful lot of reading to catch up on . . .

And . . . I need to get to work on my flower beds at home . . .

Plus . . . I have a really awful lot of reading to catch up on (I have almost 20 books on the coffee table here in my office ) . . .

So . . . it will be awhile before any new blogs appear . . . unless I am really moved to make commentary on something I read, see and hear about . . . or personally experience.

Please check out Mark Winter's blog, Steve Heyduck's blog, Doodlebugmom and others listed in my different links catagories. They are good people, and most are far better writers than I am.

I'm just better looking!

Ever forward . . . ><>

3 comments:

doodlebugmom said...

So...I guess a book wasn't a good prize.

But...Each chapter is a short story, makes for an easy read.

And...You are helping to write a song. Way cool!

Plus...How is your friend Joe doing? I remember your posts about him when I first started reading here.

And...we had snow again, I won't have to worry about flowers for a while yet.

Plus...thanks for the plug. I have been distracted and not writing much. But may have some time off from work soon, and may get creative.

And...I think you are a great writer. I enjoy reading.

So...write again when you can!

Rick said...

Joe is doing well. His second scan since he was told he was cancer free was last week, and it was "negative." He is now classified as "in remission." We are going down to do some singing and grilling in celebration.

His next scan is in 6 months, so he is planning on doing a lot of "right living."

I will be writing agian soon. I am almost finished with one of the books on my office coffee table, and I am itching to share some of the input I got from it.

I am praying for you.

doodlebugmom said...

Wonderful news about Joe :)

thank you for the prayers, much appreciated.

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...