Friday, April 18, 2014

Just "Checking In" . . .

We are in the midst of a very busy Holy Week here at the church.  We held Maundy Thursday services last night to celebrate together the Last Supper in the Upper Room, and to let people experience foot washing.

In my nine years (and what a blessing!) of service here as a pastor at our church, I do not ever remember feeling the way I did last night, after I washed a church members' feet, and then he asked if he could wash mine!  I think the best word to describe the feeling was "awe."

People came up wanting to wash each others feet.  Children came up and their mom's and dad's washed their feet.   For a few minutes, it seemed that we were living out our lives in community together as Christ asked us to live.

It was  (pardon the use of a 70's phrase) a far-out experience.   What a sight to see people sharing genuine love and humility toward each other.

I think we got something right last night.

Otherwise I am doing OK . . . and will be off all next week for annual cancer scan protocols.   Prayers appreciated.

Hopefully in May, I can start singing again, and put more focus into firming up the song-set lists for a project I have volunteered to help the good folks over at Hugworks (www.hugworks.org) with as they consider moving into providing music for senior adults.

If you are here in Texas, enjoy the Bluebonnets!  We are having a great wildflower filled spring this year!

And . . . keep making music with your life!

God's grace still amazes me . . . ><>



No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...