Monday, October 25, 2010

What a busy week . . .

What a busy week! And what a great week! Especially since I got to play guitar and sing 5 different times.

This past Tuesday, I sang and played for our Creative Learning Center chapel service.
On Tuesday night I sang for the "Be Our Guest" meal we serve to our neighbors on the 3rd Tuesday of the month.

On Wednesday, I sang for the residents at Mimosa Manor in Keller, TX, one of my regular nursing home gigs.

On Friday, I spent the day in Ft. Worth with Jim, Paul and Cora at Cooks Children's Hospital singing to children as part of the ministry of Hugworks.

On Saturday, I sang as the opening for my good friend, Rev. Mark Winter (that's us in the picture) as he performed his Circuit Rider skit at the 100th birthday bash for the Central Texas Conference at the Will Rogers Center in Ft. Worth. For more information on Mark's ministry, click here or go to www.onemanshow.org.

Yesterday, besides singing for the Children's Time, I was also the last act during our annual Mission Fair here at the church.

Not bad. Not bad at all.

Music is therapy for me . . . and I hope that my singing and playing is therapy for others.

God's grace still amazes me . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...