Wednesday, February 11, 2009

2nd full day on inactivity . . .

Well, I think I am noticing a little difference in my back.  Sitting in the hard white plastic folding chair in my home study seems to be the most comfortable place in the house to sit.

Laying down on the bed with an ice pack three times a day . . . and I have officially boycotted television.   Take that Alec Baldwin!!!

Nothing new to read here at the house, so I have been reading the most recent Bass Pro Shops, Cabela's and Guitar Center catalogs / flyers I have received in the mail.

Not a good thing to do . . . making plans to spend money you-do-not-have on stuff you-do-not-need.

Taking one trip out today to take my wife to lunch.  

Funny . . . when you are alone in the house, and the dog and cat are asleep . . . you begin to hear things you are not normally aware of.   

-The sound of ice machine making ice in my fridge.

- The sound of the thermostat "clicking" before the air comes on.

-The sound of the trash truck starting and stopping - starting and stopping . . . as the trash in the neighborhood is picked up.

-The sound of the toilet bowl filling back up with water.

-The sound of a 747 taking off from DFW, just a short distance from my home.  

Seems, because of my "inactivity," I have become more attuned to the house I live in.

As a result . . . I find that I am truly appreciative to be one of the few UMC pastors who are able, through their church, to own their home instead of living in a church-owned parsonage.   

I admit that I am the type of person who does not like to be alone that often.   But in the past couple of days . . . I have become to feel more comfortable being alone in my house.

Or rather . . . I have become to feel more comfortable in my home.

I haven't been able to say that in a long time.

God's grace still amazes me  . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...